The ATC offers full-service test scanning for UCI faculty and campus departments. Learn more about this service and find out how you can submit your request.
Physical Science Tests
The Test Scoring Center provides test scanning services for campus departments at UCI. The Center offers full-service test scanning, which includes single or multiple version test scoring, data reporting, and analysis of testing data at the rate of $50.00 per hour. Please note that a typical large lecture hall midterm or final can take one to two hours to scan depending on various factors.
To request scanning services in the Test Scoring Center, please complete and email the Request Form to the ATC. Computer use and scanning time are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so reserve time as early as possible. If this is your first time using the Scoring Center, be sure to read through the First Time User Guide. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our office.
The Scoring Center uses both Scanmark 2500 and 2800 optical mark readers (OMR) that read 48-channel forms completed with a No. 2 pencil. The Scantron machines can read both sides of a form with one pass, and each one comes equipped with auto-feed and output bins to streamline form feeding. Several types of acceptable three-quarter and full-sheet forms are available for sale on campus or directly from Scantron Corporation (see Allowable forms below).
Note: These machines cannot read half-sheet (40-channel) forms such as the green and brown forms sold on campus. Additionally, they are not capable of printing information or “tick-marks” directly onto student forms. However, the Center does use advanced software complete with full data analysis and exporting capabilities.
The Scoring Center uses ParScore for Window for test scoring. ParSscore is a robust, easy-to-use scoring and data analysis program with many advanced capabilities. In addition to scoring tests, users also may set up class rosters and grade books for complete term data maintenance. For more information on the capabilities of ParScore, contact the ATC.
- Test scoring of up to 200 questions with 5 items each
- Multiple answer keys permitted (up to 4) and scored simultaneously
- Item weight variability with automatic re-scoring
- Class roster import/export capabilities
- Customizable grading criteria
- Statistical analysis and export of test item responses and other data in many file formats
- Subtest, subtotal, and sorting capabilities
- On-screen editing of time responses, answer key, weighting, and other data
The following test forms can be used with ParScore and Scanmark 2800 OMR:
- F-288: red, with student enrollment capability (available through the UCI Bookstore or Zot ‘n’ Go campus convenience stores)
- F-289: red, no student enrollment option (available through Scantron)
- F-1712: pink, with “Mini Blue Book” (available through Scantron)
- F-3652 : orange, with barcode capability (available through Scantron)
Scantron Order Information
To order forms from Scantron Corporation, please contact:
Scantron Corporation, World Headquarters
1361 Valencia Avenue Tustin, CA 92780-6463
Toll-Free (US): 1-800-722-6876 ext. 2645
Online ordering is available at www.scantronforms.com